Covid-19 update – All coaching is done by phone or video chat at this time.
If you’ve landed on this page, I’m assuming that you are curious about coaching, but how do you know if you’re ready for coaching?
How do I Know if I’m Ready for Coaching?
You are ready for coaching if:
- You are highly motivated to see change in some area of your life
- You are willing to engage in honest, candid conversation about it
- You are willing to take action
- You are willing to experiment with new behaviours and ways of thinking
- You are willing to invest time working with a coach
- You have the finances to pay for coaching
Describing coaching feels a bit like trying to describe the taste of water. I’d rather give you a sample and see if you like it. If you’re ready for that taste (with no cost to you or obligation to continue), then you can let me know, and we’ll set up a time.
The second-best way for you to get a picture of what coaching is like is by reading what some of my clients have said about coaching with me.
If you’d still like something a bit more concrete, I’ll tell you that most people coach with me somewhere between 6-12 months. The details of precisely what coaching would look like for you are customizable. Generally, I start with a 2-hour discovery call and, after that, connect by phone or video chat every two weeks for 45-60 minutes. In between coaching sessions, we set up whatever kind of accountability you feel you need, and it varies with each session. If needed, we connect briefly between sessions by phone, message or email. As of November 2020, I will be incorporating Mental Fitness Training with all new individual coaching clients.
Mental Fitness Training
You can read about this new offering here. This program has a value of $1000. I am currently offering it for a limited time while I am doing my Positive Intelligence certification at a discounted rate.
If you’re physically fit, you can climb steep hills without physical stress. If you’re mentally fit, you can handle life’s great challenges without mental stress or other negative emotions. You’ll be happier and perform better. Shirzad Charmine
My Commitment As Your Coach
- I will be completely present to you during our sessions
- I will listen closely
- I will encourage you to be kind and compassionate to yourself
- I will ask you simple but hard-to-answer questions for the purpose of helping you discover who you are, what you want and what holds you back
- I will believe you are the expert about your life
- I will hold you accountable
- I will share my insights and observations
- I will cheer you on
- I will be curious about who you are and what you want
- I will encourage you to take courageous action
- I will start where you are
- I will encourage you to come to each session exactly as you are on that day (everything you’re feeling, thinking about or experiencing is welcome to be part of our session)
- I will keep what we discuss confidential (unless it is required by law for me to speak, or if you plan to harm yourself or someone else)
- I will bring my full range of coaching skills and experience to each session
- To show up for our sessions on time
- To be present without distractions during coaching
- To take time to reflect on whatever comes up for you in coaching
- To want something to change in your life
- To be willing to do the work to make the change or curiously and compassionately look at what is stopping you
- $2100 CAD six months individual coaching. Bonus gift six-week mental fitness training
I am trained in the Co-Active Coaching Model and have gone through the Co-Active Training Institute’s core curriculum and rigorous certification program which earned me my Certified Professional Co-Active Coach designation. I also have my Associate Certified Coach designation through the International Coaches Federation. I have a Bachelor of Social Science Degree with a specialization in social work and psychology. I am currently enrolled in the Positive Intelligence certification training.